Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I am...

I am the daughter of two parents, the sister of one brother, the granddaughter of one grandfather, the niece of aunties and uncles, the cousin of many cousins...

I am the relationships, old and new,

I am the friendships that have stayed the course, and those that have come and gone,

I am the broken relationships and those that are mended,

I am the expectations of others...

I am the expectations of myself...

I am the places I have traveled, and those I hope to see,

I am the words spoken lightly, and the words meant to be mean,

I am the encouragement that comes from a loved one,

I am the smile that says it's alright,

I am the hope that remains constant in the heart of my parents,

I am the hurts, disappointments and failures,

I am the joy of successes, mine and others,

I am the books I have read, the films I have seen,

I am the music I write, and the music that I hear,

I am the words spoken in jest, and the words said to build,

I am the room that is a mess, but may yet be a place of refuge,

I am the decisions I have made, and those made for me,

I am the random stranger who showed me kindness,

I am the little child who loves to laugh (did I ever love to laugh?)

I am the 26.2!

I am the early mornings and the late nights,

I am the bus driver who stopped for me,

I am the text you sent me out of the blue,

I am the card you sent me to tell me thanks,

I am the flowers that sit on my desk,

I am the thoughts in my journals,

I am the conversations I have had and am yet to have,

I am the business ideas,

I am the random moments,

I am the plans I have made...

I am the art I have seen,

I am...
©J Whyne 2008

*A random musing inspired by a TV ad that crossed my mind an hour or so ago. If you want to see it, click the link:
http://www.i-am-everyone.co.uk/i-am-everyone.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for stopping by. Comments, thoughts, ideas...all welcome